Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus Hard turn off of Wifi

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jpetr480
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I can turn off Wifi in settings menu but my RF meter still shows high levels of harmful EMF radiation.

Thanks to a level 2 tech (Neal) he has tried to swap cameras hoping the new one would have lower EMF radiation. it doesnt- still same problem.

If anyone in engineering knows how to turn off wifi within the device (not the software setting menu), can you please advise?

Thank you,

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IOther than unplug it when not in use , No....it has it's own wifi transmitter 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HSI
Aspirant
Aspirant
So you can turn off the wifi function in settings on your phone but the wifi signal is still strong even if it is plugged in the Ethernet cable?
jpetr480
Tutor
Tutor

Yes i have a RF meter that pegs in the red with wifi turned off

i sent photos to Netgear engineering who did not seem to imagine this can happen

but still no fix

while earlier thread said to turn this off, what if a Mom is using this as a baby monitor?

their cells are too young to fight off any celluar damage at the most restorative time of day for all of us- sleep

A friend who works for the FAA finally hardiwired his house. The straw that broke the camels back was when he found his own regional site went hard wire because no one yet knows the long term effect.

HSI
Aspirant
Aspirant

so what's the solution to this?

jpetr480
Tutor
Tutor

solution is when you activate wifi off or ethernet on, the wifi antenna within the arlo device is deactivated

roku has the same problem- like netgear they lead you to think your wifi is shut off by a software adjustment, but unlike Arlo, the roku ethernet enabled device emits radio frequency pulses at you every 30 to 60 seconds. Arlo does not pulse at you rather it streams dangerous levels of EMF. Pulsing is worse than continuous streaming -both are at harmful levels

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation