Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ra75
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are looking for a network video camera that we can use to do a live stream and offer that stream on our intranet for our employees to view at any time. Is it possible to "tap into" the stream and "embed" that in a website like that? I've seen the ability to do that through other network cameras via the RSTP protocol, so hoping this has some similar capabilities.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Not with Arlo. You'd have to have everyone use the app or a browser to be able to view the stream. That could be problematic since it would work best if everyone had their own account to log into.
rwinter
Guide
Guide

I had the same question. I would like to be able to integrate this with a third party system rather than have it walled off in netgear land.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope, not gonna happen.
rwinter
Guide
Guide

jguerdat wrote:
Nope, not gonna happen.

Because?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Because Netgear isn't going to release an API that could be used to hack the system.  The stream goes to the servers in encrypted form and is stored there.  The only way to view it is to use the Netgear-supplied mechanisms.

rwinter
Guide
Guide

If Netgear doesn't want to release a public API because they believe they will get hacked, then that means they shouldn't be developing security software.

More than likely, they just don't see a demand so haven't dedicated resources.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation