Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AgentDaleCooper
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

I just have 2 questions regarding the Arlo Q Plus before I order. I appreciate if anyone can help answer my questions:

1) I have a question regarding the connector of the Arlo Q Plus camera. In the pictures online it shows it with an ethernet power connector. Is this the only way to connect & power the camera, or does it include a normal wall power adapter (like the Arlo Q does)?

2) I read this text on the help page that covered SD card questions: "Local storage to an SD card cannot be used on its own as a substitute for cloud recording." Does this mean I need an online storage plan setup in order for SD card recording to work?

3) Does SD Card storage continue working if my internet drops out?

Many thanks!

A.D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AgentDaleCooper wrote:

1) I have a question regarding the connector of the Arlo Q Plus camera. In the pictures online it shows it with an ethernet power connector. Is this the only way to connect & power the camera, or does it include a normal wall power adapter (like the Arlo Q does)?

You can use EITHER the PoE adapter or the USB power supply.  I believe if you start out using one you may need to reset to switch to the other.

AgentDaleCooper wrote:

2) I read this text on the help page that covered SD card questions: "Local storage to an SD card cannot be used on its own as a substitute for cloud recording." Does this mean I need an online storage plan setup in order for SD card recording to work?

If the Internet connection is available, it will record to the cloud as well as the SD card (if the card has been initialized).  If the connection is lost, it only records to the card and will not be uploaded to the cloud when the connection resumes.  You would need to eject the card via the interface and view any stored videos on a computer.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AgentDaleCooper wrote:

You can use EITHER the PoE adapter or the USB power supply.  I believe if you start out using one you may need to reset to switch to the other.

AgentDaleCooper wrote:

If the Internet connection is available, it will record to the cloud as well as the SD card (if the card has been initialized).  If the connection is lost, it only records to the card and will not be uploaded to the cloud when the connection resumes.  You would need to eject the card via the interface and view any stored videos on a computer.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation