Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus SD card disabled

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Doggydong
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo shows my SD card as disabled and would not show a status or allow any SD card functions. What gives?
10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a Q+ so can't try things but is it possible the card is the problem?  Maybe a different format (I suppose the camera may not support many different formats) or trying a different card?

Doggydong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually it worked initially when I first installed it, but recently I noticed it's disabled. Perhaps a sw update bug?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Doggydong,

Within Settings for your Arlo Q, click on SD Card under Storage. Do you have SD Card Recording toggled on?

JamesC

Doggydong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it's toggled on. But status and storage capacity are showed as "-". Card management functions such as eject and format card is disabled as well
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Doggydong,

This could indicate an issue with the SD card, consider installing it in a different device (or SD card reader) and see if the card is accessible.

JamesC

Doggydong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it a FAT32 file format?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That is a normal used format for mp4, so it should work.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Will the Arlo Q Plus record to sd card when the wifi signal drops out?
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Will the Arlo Q Plus record to sd card when the wifi signal drops out? Is there anyway that sd card recording can be permanently on and not remotely disabled?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, the SD card is used for all recordings, whether connected to the Internet or not (once configured). However, it's for backup purposes since you have to unmount it and use a computer to see them. Any recordings created while not connected won't be uploaded to the cloud so it's up to you to manage them.

The only way to disable SD card recording is via the interface.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation