Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus device not discovered but in my modem detail, I can see the IPV4 and MAC addresses

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bnymbill
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q Plus cannot be detected via laptop or iPhone.  I recenlty moved and now have an Xfinity-provided modem.  The modem shows the camera as being connected and shows the MAC and IP addresses.  Any ideas why the device can't be discovered?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like it's a modem/router. It's possible that the router part needs to be configured, perhaps by the ISP if you can't access the settings, to open ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com. Before doing that, though, try resetting the camera by removing it from Settings, My Devices and press the reset button until the camera LED starts blinking amber and try again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like it's a modem/router. It's possible that the router part needs to be configured, perhaps by the ISP if you can't access the settings, to open ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com. Before doing that, though, try resetting the camera by removing it from Settings, My Devices and press the reset button until the camera LED starts blinking amber and try again.

bnymbill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - I was able to open those ports, which allowed me to connect to the camera and to get video, I had to add those same ports as excepted ports for flash in Chrome.  Appears to be working fine now.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation