Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus locking up, requiring power cycle to fix

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

+1 to the reports of issues with Arlo Q Plus locking up for no apparent reason and being completely unresponsive from the app (no live view, no ability to restart - says the camera is busy!). As many others on this forum have found, the only way to resolve it seems to be to manually cycle the power to the device in order to reboot it and restore it to working order, albeit only for a few days before it all happens again. As is patently obvious, this is unacceptable for a security camera - the only indication that it's not working is that there are a lack of recordings in the library.

FWIW, I have three Arlo Q Plus devices, but interestingly only one of them exhibits this problem. Having said that, all three have differing workloads so perhaps that's a contributing factor? The one that crashes (or at least becomes unresponsive) every few days and requires a power cycle to fix records perhaps 200 clips per day. One of the others records maybe only 10 clips per day. The last one is normally disarmed but, when armed, it records only around 2 clips per day. Only the one recording the 200ish clips per day has exhibited this problem I actually originally returned it to the retailer for a refund believing it was simply faulty hardware and received an entirely new shrink-wrapped one in replacement, but it too exhibits the exact same problem, so it wasn't a one-off hardware issue with just that original camera - it's the second one in a row that has behaved like this. To see if I could narrow down the circumstances in which this problem occured I've tried powering it by both PoE and with the included power adapter, it doesn't make any difference. Sadly, I've only had these cameras a few months so I can't say if an older firmware was any more stable than the current one - can anyone confirm if it's possible to downgrade the firmware (and where to find the old firmware)?

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gjscott75,

It is not possible to revert to previous firmware. Given the extent of issues you're experiencing, you might consider contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation