Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus notification of local storage failure

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tonight I noticed 2 of my Arlo Q plus cameras showing the SD card was missing even though I have a card in each one, removing and reinserting the card was sufficient however it would be nice if there was a notification of failures.  I did try rebooting one to see if that would make the card work again in case this happened when I was out of town but that didn't help.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terk,

What kind of SD cards are in the cameras? Were recordings still being made to the SD card even though it indicated there was an issue?

JamesC

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

Terk,

What kind of SD cards are in the cameras? Were recordings still being made to the SD card even though it indicated there was an issue?

JamesC

The SDs in both are Samsung EVO 64GB Micro SDXC, I haven't checked yet to see if they were still recording or not.

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wonder if there's a ompatibility issue with SDXC cards.  Do you have any other cards to try?

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

I ordered a Lexar Professional 1000x to replace one of these with to see if either fails at somepoint in the future again and if so if it is the Samsung again or not.  Thanks.

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

This issue happens nearly every time the camera looses power. Sometimes after reinserting they still won't record to the card. If you put the card in a PC and write one file to it then restore it to the Arlo it then works.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you run a file system check on the card (e.g "chkdsk /f x:" from a command prompt or Properties, Tools, Error Checking for the whole drive from the file manager on a Windows machine)?  It may be due to a corrupted file system.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation