Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus won't restart

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

I recently tried to change some video settings on my Arlo Q plus and when I try to access the camera I get the message: 

Your camera is currently in use. Please wait until your camera has completed the action. You can also restart your camera if the problem persists

I tried to restart the camera (from the app) and got the message: Your camera is busy and cannot restart. As I am 1500 miles away from the camera, doing a physical restart is not possible. Any other ways to force a restart remotely?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In the Arlo Q, Under settings, there is a RESTART BUTTON on page bottom... click on that.

That's the only way unless you can get someone to unplug it

As a PS.. did you try both a phone/device and the web browser access?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the response.

The RESTART button at the bottom of the page is the method I have been using and is what generated the messages. I have tried by the PC and IOS (Iphone) versions - same result. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry then, got nothing... it's unusal for the Q to go out like you saying.

Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

It's seems to be related to changing the video settings - changed video resoluton from 720p to 1080p and it just hung up. Have to wait until I'm there in June to reset it manually I guess. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No one that has a key?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you know you still have wifi active .... I would look into a wemo wifi power socket.

it plugs into an outlet an allow toggling on off of the ac outlet via phone...tho would allow a remote reboot via power down.

Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

I will have a friend go over and reset. After I visit I may just put the POE switch on a timer and have it recycle the power every night

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear you have a possible solution...

tho if able keep us informed of this issue... it's the first time I can think of that a Q camera has locked up from changing the settings the way you did.. possible bug with using the POE ??

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation