Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q plus, Problem with recording video longer den 2 minutes.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice

High, since the firmware 1.8.3.2_17494 my Arlo Q plus have had problem with recording videos when longer notifications then 2 minutes. Short activities work fine when there is a video for like 1 minute. 

When a long video is stored in the cloud or in the SD memory, it stopes after 30-45 seconds playing even it the time stamp still go on. First it is the sound that stop, then the video.

I have tried with ethernet cable, 5 GHz wifi, and on other places/internet sites then my home. The setting fore the video is 1080p. And the strangest thing is that it worked before the firmware 1.8.3.2_17494.

Is anybody else have this problem?

Is it related to Swedish customers?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

have seen it where the video is really 20 secs but display time can say an hour plus...

nothing prob on your end

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi 

The problem is not that i is the other way around. The actions in front of the camera have been long, more than 2 minutes and the timestamp show the same (more than 2 minutes). But the movies recorded on the SD memory or in the cloud just freeze after like 30 seconds, when playing them. And this problem started after the firmware release in January. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sematwir,

What client are you using when you see this behavior? Do you see the same behavior on both the mobile and web clients?

JamesC

Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
Yes both on the web and mobile phone. And the movies recorded on the micro SD played in a separate computer.
I tried with and without micro SD card.
I tried both with Ethernet and WiFi.
I have changed the device and the new one have the same problem.
I think you have a problem with recording codec or to have load on the access to the cloud for Swedish customers.
Have you tried to get several longer notifications recorded?
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think it’s the recording, not play the movie that’s wrong. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation