Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
OpusX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

I just finished setting up my new Arlo Q plus. I've connected it with Ethernet, and powered by usb wall cable (my router doesn't look like it supports poe). The arlo android app has an orange setting notification for a firmware update, but, the update won't start because the app is reporting that the camera battery is low. Any suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ha!  That's a new, weird one!  Try logging out and back in. Power cycle the Q+. Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Anything work?

OpusX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried logging out of the app, and back in but now the firmware update notification is gone. I'll see if it comes back and will try again before trying disconnecting, etc. I'll update the thread as i go.

Btw, is reporting this potential bug here enough or do i need to do anything else with Arlo support to get a ticket/jira/something open to fix the root cause?
OpusX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmm, do firmware updates also happen automatically? It looks like the q plus is actually on a the version that was in my screenshot above now. That must be why the update notification is gone!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

OpusX wrote:
Btw, is reporting this potential bug here enough or do i need to do anything else with Arlo support to get a ticket/jira/something open to fix the root cause?

This is just a user forum where we try to help each other. Official complaints/bugs need to be handled by opening acase with support.

Simonline
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! I have the exact same problem. The firmware on my new Arlo Q plus won't update due to low battery level. Even though it's been connected with electric cable for two days. I highly doubt the battery level is low.

I'm in desperate need of an update which I hope will eliminate some very irritating bugs. Like not being able to use the push to talk function during live stream and the cam going offline from time to time even though it's connected with network cable.

Best regards

S
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Simonline,

Arlo updates will often complete on their own overnight. Are you still having trouble receiving the update?

If so, I would recommend removing your device from Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Q Plus > Remove Device. After it has been removed log back in to your Arlo account click "Add Device" and go through the sync process again.

JamesC

Simonline
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for trying to help!

I've already tried to remove and reset the device to FD. I've let it be connected over several of nights, still not no update. I've connected it through cable, WiFi and POE. Changed network, removed firewall and opened every port. I've even tried to connect it to another network. I've tried to turn all functions off (like csm, audio, sensors etc).

The strange part is that when I use the app it says that I can't update the firmware due to low battery. But this model doesn't even have a battery? Obviously a bug.

Out of ideas to try now...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Simonline,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Has the device still not completed the firmware update?

JamesC

nick6young
Guide
Guide

I had this same issue with a brand new Arlo Q Plus. A power cycle seemed to resolve it though fortunately for me (sorry that isn't much help!!)

dj462734
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same issue. A reboot (initiated through the app) worked for me too. When the device reconnected to the app, it said "firmware update in progress", without me having to initiate it, and about five minutes later it was updated.

Simonline
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately that didn't work with my cam so I replaced it with a new one. Everything works like a charm directly from the box. Well, maybe not like a charm.. I'm a bit disappointed with the delay (wifi) when live streaming. But that's not a bug, just the way Netgear has designed it. It should be a setting for only streaming locally and not over the Netgear servers and back.

//Simon
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation