Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
annesero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this Arlo Q Plus working at a different house.  When I try to set it up in the new house it won't finish connecting, it hangs at about 2/3 done.  So, what should I try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.  The Q cameras expect WPA2 encryption so you need to use that and an appropriate passphrase to connect.  Try not to use anything but alphanumeric characters for both the SSID and passphrase.  If really desired, assuming you router supports it, enable the guest network and set that up for the camera or set one of the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands to use WPA2.

I'd recommend setting the whole system to use WPA2 since there's always a chance, however slim, of someone with evil intent connecting.  It's just not worth doing otherwise for so many reasons.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a full reset of the Q by holding in the reset button for about 10 secs till the front led flashes... attempt sync again as if new.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
annesero
Aspirant
Aspirant

The first time I tried to connect-the camera would turn off after just a minute and not connect.

I did the reset and now it gets stuck at a slow flashing blue light (forever).  I tried the reset again, just to be sure and it is stuck at the slow flashing blue light.  My wifi is not passworded (because we live in the country), might that be an issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.  The Q cameras expect WPA2 encryption so you need to use that and an appropriate passphrase to connect.  Try not to use anything but alphanumeric characters for both the SSID and passphrase.  If really desired, assuming you router supports it, enable the guest network and set that up for the camera or set one of the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands to use WPA2.

I'd recommend setting the whole system to use WPA2 since there's always a chance, however slim, of someone with evil intent connecting.  It's just not worth doing otherwise for so many reasons.

annesero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also looked at what is connected to the router and the router is showing the arloq-plus is on the LAN.  But the camera still has the slow blue blink and no picture.  And yes my phone and computer are on the same router.

annesero
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will also apply your suggested settings.  It will be this evening before I have time. Thank you for your suggestions.

annesero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave up on my old router.  I went and bought a new Netgear router that fixed my issues.  Thank you for your help as I was thinking it was the camera and didn't even know to consider that it might be other equipment issues.  I didn't know where to start with the problem.

Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation