Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo servers down

Discussion stats
Camanon
Aspirant
Aspirant
My two Arlo cameras appear to be offline. The light at the base seems reddish. The are connected to different routers with different providers, both by ethernet. Both routers are OK and connected to internet. On the network maps they appear connected, yet the mobile app says they’re offine, confirmed by the colour of the light. I have restarted the routers, to no avail.. I have a CVR subscription but there is no feed to show from now. Are the servers down?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Dewit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Get the chime. Blue light flashes slow, tries to connect, times out, turns orange and buzzes.
Help
chaleboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

my arlo q camera doesn't want to sync...follow the instructions to a T...just now working...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a reset of the camera. Press the reset button until the LED flashes amber. Let it boot up and try again.

StachuJones26
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought Arlo Q today...
I Have the same problem- won’t sync.
I tried 12 times and DISCOVERING FAILED
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The servers are down, and Netgear is aware of the problem.

Kb1000
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Devices tab in my Arlo app (updated) reports:" Your device is not connected Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working internet connection," for my Arlo Q s however both continue to record and upload to the Arlo cloud, and videos are available in my app. Unfortunately I'm in able to modify the settings or record programs for either. I've tried: Clearing app cache and memory, unistalling and reinstalling app, modem reset, camera power down, and re-syncing cameras (syncing failed for both). Apparently this is a recurring issue ... Please help! Thank you
Camanon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Do you by any chance know where to look for announcements from Netgear.? I would like to hear from them some solid explanations. Please don’t say any social media.
Mike1961
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any word on how long sever will be down

jamecl
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue with the Arlo Q. It was connected for months, but I needed to unplug it and now I can't get it reconnected to the network. Tried Factory reset, different WiFi network, WPS button trick, nothing. Either the blue light continually flashes or I get the yellow light flash with the buzz. 

This also happened to my mother's camera after she changed her router password. She has 2 Arlo Qs, we got one connected, the other won't connect.

mlcaiazzo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got a set this morning ... its Black Friday and they are on Sale ALL over.... Just gonna wait ...:(

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Camanon wrote:
Thanks. Do you by any chance know where to look for announcements from Netgear.? I would like to hear from them some solid explanations. Please don’t say any social media.

Historically, the most reliable place to get up-to-date information about the service is from their Facebook page.  There is an announcements section of the community here, but it's usually not updated very frequently.

Camanon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks again. For someone who charges for their services, they should be more communicative. I don’t use social media, and I don’t think I’m alone among their customers. I should write to the company and complain about this.
Yep
Aspirant
Aspirant
wasabinator
Initiate
Initiate

Same here.  It remains blinking blue.  I have tried this with my Netgear router on a 5GHz Wifi, as well as my separate DLink access point at on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz channels.  I strongly suspect as part of the MASSIVE outage that Arlo has had today, this registration feature remains thoroughly broken.  I'll try again tomorrow and if it's still not working, this heap of plastic goes back to the store.

I wouldn't over-invest in the Arlo product (or Nest for the very same reason), as this clearly shows how dependent you are on the infrastructure being up, otherwise it's a brick.  I have two other cams of a different brand which I use in combination with my Arlos, that's the only way to go.  This is likely the last Arlo I add to my setup, assuming it's working tomorrow.

EDIT: Just some additional detail: My Netgear router shows it as connected to the router when I look up the list of attached devices.  So clearly this is NOT a "cannot connect to my WiFi" issue and if anyone else's Arlo Q is sitting there blinking blue as well, then it's more than likely an issue at Netgear's end and no amount of fiddling about will resolve it.  Anyone with an error buzz followed by a blinking led (in orange or red) likely has some other issue.

rOCK2064
Aspirant
Aspirant

I HAVE SAME ISSUES DID THE FACTORY RESET CAMERAS FINALLY CONNECTED TO MY NAMEWORK BUT ERROR MESSAGE SHOWING SYNC FAILED. FOR 5 MONTHS I HAD NO PROBLEM UNTIL TODAY WHEN I GOT A AUTHENICATION SERVER ERROR WHEN I TRIED TO LOGIN. I UNPLUGGED 2 OF MY CAMERAS AND SINCE THEN HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SEE THEM AGAIN. MY 3 CAMERA IS STILL WORKING FINE BUT MAIN 2 JUST FLASHING BLUE SLOWLY. MY NETWORK SAYS CAMERAS ARE CONNECTED AND HAVE IP  ADDRESS, I CAN PING ALL CAMERAS AND GET RESPONSE BACK JUST CAN NOT SEE THEM ON ARLO.COM.NETGEAR YOU NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

Photolab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.

Created ad connected to all manor of networks, both 2.4 and 5GHz. Even set it up as a DMZ.

On closer inspection I can see the ARLOQ registered on the network. Activity log tells me it is tring to communicate with a server (34.251.3.43:443) but not receiving a response.

pdrd01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue as well.  First, there was no button to set up a new account.  I had to search the forums to find a new account creation button.  Second, I have tried at least 8 times to set up my Arlo Q.  It will not be discovered on either my app or computer.  It times out then says Discovery Failed.  I will try again tomorrow.  Hopefully someone will post a solution in the meantime.  If not, back it goes. 

BTW, I have the 4 indoor cameras and 2 Arlo Q outdoor cameras set.  I have NOT set up the base station and I have read where it does not have to be set up in order to connect the Arlo Q cameras.  Am I correct in this understanding?

jamecl
Tutor
Tutor

Correct, you don't need the base station to connect the Arlo Q.

Estanger
Star
Star

They are back!

Happy Holidays

ainokea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still having issue with the base. The internet light is still amber.

Stiffy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought my 4camra set and only run it for a day and keeps say there is a problem and after reading all the feed back looks like a bad choice of system will try take back tomorrow if it not up and running tomorrow
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely a server issue. Dunno if it's totally resolved yet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely a server issue. Dunno if it's totally resolved yet.

Mike1961
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had mine for several month this is the only time i have had a problem system work really good, i can leave home and system still work.