Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
berleen
Follower
Follower

Dear Sir/Mam,

I Intend to purchase this VMC3040 Arlo Q Cam, I live in UAE (Dubai). I would like to connect this cam to my Hauwie Router ( this router get its interent via a SIM card). I have some technicall questions that I'm not so expert about them:

1- Can this cam be connected to such connection in thie first place? .

2- How many Data packages is required for this cam to consume per month. Note that we have 7,10 and 20 GB data packages plans availabe from our local internet providers.

Please help me in this case. As I have read many articals but i do not know technical details. If the system will work, then which data plans do you recommend. Please advise. Thanks very much for your support.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the router works on celluar like 4G and outputs a wifi network ( you can access it with normal wifi devices like iphones , tablets,etc ) then the Q camera should work.

The Q cameras link directly to your home wifi system to access the internet, the fact it goes thu a celluar router shouldn't make any difference.

Also, if you need to move the cameras away from your access point AND can use a wifi extender off the celluar router, the Q camera can connect to a wifi extender.

Usage will determine how big a data plan you need... Mind that a 30 second video clip will consume aprox 2.15 MB ( or 4+MB per min of use )

Also since the video travels from your location to the Netgear servers for storage and then BACK to you when viewed your usage could be doubled.

So 1 min of video at the highest resolution ( 1080 ) could use 8.5 MB+/- in total bandwidth if recorded then viewed

Hope this information helps... feel free to ask any other questions and will try to answer.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation