Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

:Connection Filed

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
aparee-huff
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everytime I log into my arlo account and try to view one of my Arlo Q VMC3040S-100NAS cameras I get the ":connection failed".  I have tried from inside my network (on same vlan) I have tried from outside my company I have tried on wireless I have tried on chrome, I have tried on Edge, i have tried on firefox. I have tried on Windows, I have tried on MAC, I have tried on Android I have tried on iPhone.  99% of the time I cna't access a camera when needed.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First maybe do a reset of the camera....

Then check to make sure the proper ports are open on you router that may stop access

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
aparee-huff
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening on 2 cameras that I alrady had on the system, 1 has been reset more than once. the brand new camera is doing hte exact same thing.  I have 10 cameras to use if this can't be resolved I'll be requesting a refund from my vendor.  I like the product but this is seriously going to cause issues.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aparee-huff,

Who is your ISP and what are you internet speeds?

JamesC

aparee-huff
Aspirant
Aspirant

ISP #1 is 175x175mb Level 3

ISP #2 is 150x50mb Brighthouse

ISP #3 is 75x25mb Comcast

test #4 is LTE on iPhone AT&T

test #5 is LTE on iPad AT&T

test #6 is LTE on iPhone Verizon

so issue everytime.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aparee-huff,

What is the signal strength like for the camera? It could be failing to connect due to poor connection (range or interference)

JamesC

aparee-huff
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras are all hardwired into the network via PoE switches.  The cameras record video and movement and store in the cloud without any issue.  The only issue I have is pulling up LIVE video feed.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's definitely odd.  Have you tried both app and a browser?

aparee-huff
Aspirant
Aspirant

per my answer on the 24th I have

I have tried from inside my network (on same vlan) I have tried from outside my company I have tried on wireless I have tried on chrome, I have tried on Edge, i have tried on firefox. I have tried on Windows, I have tried on MAC, I have tried on Android I have tried on iPhone

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aparee-huff.

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation