Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Day/night settings?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BlackOwlDistill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all. This is the functionality I am looking for:

Daytime: cameras record when there is movement. Simple.

Night Time: Cameras record when there is movement, alerts get sent out to Arlo users.

So far, it seems it’s all or nothing with alerts. I don’t want to be alerted when we are at the distillery making booze. But after 5 pm it would be nice. Is there something I’m missing?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have exactly this setup
Create mode DAY. Create rules for each camera as you like them but turn off push notification and email notifications.
Create mode NIGHT. Create same rules but have notifications turned on

From the mode menu, edit the SCHEDULE mode and put DAY and NIGHT modes into the times you want. Each day runs midnight to midnight so you'll likely have NIGHT 12am-7am. DAY 7am-7pm. NIGHT 7pm-12am for each day or something like that
Then set Arlo system into SCHEDULE mode and it will automatically switch between the two custom modes you made and will only give you notifications when NIGHT mode is active

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have exactly this setup
Create mode DAY. Create rules for each camera as you like them but turn off push notification and email notifications.
Create mode NIGHT. Create same rules but have notifications turned on

From the mode menu, edit the SCHEDULE mode and put DAY and NIGHT modes into the times you want. Each day runs midnight to midnight so you'll likely have NIGHT 12am-7am. DAY 7am-7pm. NIGHT 7pm-12am for each day or something like that
Then set Arlo system into SCHEDULE mode and it will automatically switch between the two custom modes you made and will only give you notifications when NIGHT mode is active

BlackOwlDistill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much!  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation