Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with settuping up activity zone on Arlo Q Plus

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
beardeddude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm am trying to setup a new motion zone on one of the two arlo q plus cameras i have both using POE.

I setup camera #1 fine however when i try to set up the motion zone for camera #2 it shows me an old picture of when i had camera#2 located in a differnet area so i am unable to get my motion zone correct, any ideas how to force it to refresh the image?

Also i noticed my motion detection goes off all the time even on camer #1 although i have the motion detection set to the lowest sesnitivity & the motion zone is literally 1 tile on the floor where there has been no moton at all.

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
beardeddude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just noticed i cant watch this camera live either & when i try to restart it nothing happens?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound like it needs a reset.

Hold in the reset button for about ten secs till the led flashes... You will have to resync it again to bring back as new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
beardeddude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why should i need to reset it?

I had this installed up high which requires an extension ladder to access it.

Is there an alternative? It sounds to me like it is defective if i need to access it & physically push the reset button of a brand new device.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

beardeddude,

If you cannot live stream or remote restart, consider power cycling the camera by removing power and then plugging it back in. Allow the camera to come back online and try again. Are you still having issues setting up zones/live streaming?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation