Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joe-N
Tutor
Tutor

It seems like Live view has gotten much worse lately. The severe lag (5-10 seconds) that's been an issue pretty much since day one is still the same. Now, about 50% of the time I just get a black screen, sometimes with audio, sometimes not. When I stop the live view, the cameras show a "Just now" picture.

Another 30%-40% of the time I get a "Request timed out" message. Again, the cameras will go back to "Just now" when stopped.

About 1 time out of 10 the live view actually works but still badly lagged. The 2-way audio is an absolutely useless feature with so much lag.

I should note my 3 cameras are running over 5GHz wifi with strong signals, but these problems are the same even when using PoE.

Why can't Netgear get all these problems sorted out???

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joe-N,

Who is your ISP and what is your download/upload speeds? Poor speeds could explain the symptoms you are describing.

JamesC

Joe-N
Tutor
Tutor

AT&T 50 up, 12 down. I just checked now and got 2 Request timed out and one black screen. I ran a speedtest now as well.Capture.PNG

Hydro130
Luminary
Luminary

I agree with all of what Joe-N says...  I don't use the live-view feature often at all, but it has definitely taken a ginormous nose dive in quality sometime in recent months.

It used to have practically no lag for me (for both video and audio), but now the lag for both is awful.  That's if the live view even works at all - most of the time, it's just a frozen screen & no audio or me.

No changes in my ISP or internet equipment during this whole time, and no changes in my overall network quality.  Whatever this issue is, it's moist definitely in the Arlo software or firmware.

Joe-N
Tutor
Tutor

I don't think I've had a single successful 'live view' all day. This screen shot is typical...2 Request Timed Out and 1 black screen with audio.

Capture.PNG

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation