Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
daviesd
Guide
Guide

I added an Arlo Q to my existing 4 wireless camera's.  The microphone works at home but when I am away it just says please wait and I can't use the microphone.  Also sometimes it takes a long time to get the camera live.  Can someone help me!  I would really like to use the microphone when I am away from home.  Really doesn't help me that much when I am at home.

88 REPLIES 88
TeknicalKo
Star
Star
Mic Works on iPhone 6 when connected to home wifi in which Arlo is connected but when I turn off wifi and I am on LTE doesn't work says connecting - literally standing right next to wireless router it's connected to when on wifi and LTE. Please advise -
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Curtizmo, Yourlandlady, TeknicalKo

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Vu
Star
Star
I got same problem, did they call you back or having any solution?
hba0004
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem the mic feature only works when I'm connected on wifi. I have an iPhone ,when I'm on my cellular network it only says connecting and nothing happens.
JennyPenny
Tutor
Tutor

Sadly you'll get no real answers to this problem from Arlo. It's ridiculous! I didn't want the mic feature for when I was sitting in my living room. Sometimes when I am on my cell, away from home using my data plan, the mic will come on and work once, as in let me speak once. However, when I stop talking and go to speak again it says connecting.

JennyPenny
Tutor
Tutor

No solution, yet. =( 

JennyPenny
Tutor
Tutor

I have done all the recommended updates. What else would you suggest? It would be nice to post the correct solution here so it can benefit others too. Thanks. 

Vu
Star
Star
For all people who got problem with microphone when using under LTE: I got same problem in arlo pro and I found this thread in which that bug happen on arlo Q as well. I have contact tech support and they send me an email today, mention that they are working with tmo for this issue and will release new update arlo app to fix this bug soon. Please keep pushing them by report bugs.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I had this issue on both my Q and Pro cameras but it was inexplicably fixed a while ago. I haven't tested it lately so can't be sure it's working or not. I'm on Android with Verizon.
Charliehoss58
Guide
Guide

I have been having same issue with my Arlo camera and IPhone. I had my wife try with her android and she was able to get mic to work. We both have the same cellular carrier so you don't have to be on wifi. It's got to be something in the settings on our phones.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Charliehoss58,

What model iPhone are you using and through which carrier?

Are you using the latest iOS version?

JamesC

TeknicalKo
Star
Star
T-Mobile iPhone 6 latest iOS
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Be sure to specify the OS version. Latest can mean various things on occasion.
TeknicalKo
Star
Star
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have not been able to replicate any issues with push to talk on iOS. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

hizaira
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having same issue, anyone have success? Everything updated
TeknicalKo
Star
Star
No luck yet - it obviously has to do with using cellular vs wifi - possibly (T-Mobile) its something to do with my provider and their wheelhouse ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hizaira, TeknicalKo

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

MiggsTN
Tutor
Tutor
Any new updates on this? I contacted the Arlo Support Team and all they said was this is an outstanding issue they have with T-mobile. Please advise Netgear support!
hizaira
Aspirant
Aspirant
5/15/17 Confirmed via tech support they have not resolved the issue. Open case they are aware of. We wait....
Charliehoss58
Guide
Guide

I don't think the issue with mic not working away from house is a T-Mobile problem. I have an IPhone on T-Mobile and the mic doesn't work out of home wifi range. My wife has an android on T-Mobile and the mic does work from her phone. Wonder if it's more of an Apple/Arlo problem?

hizaira
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am suspicious you are correct, all three together seem to be the problem
MiggsTN
Tutor
Tutor
So Arlo just completely removed the mic from the latest app update and no notes at all with the update. Apparently, the mic feature was a "bug" since the only notes on the update is "bug fixes." Great job Arlo on taking away an advertised feature!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MiggsTN,

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC