Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection recording availability

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kny
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

I have nine Arlo Q Plus cameras all ticking along nicely, installed over the last couple of months.

All nine cameras are set to record to 128GB installed SD cards to keep a history of motion detection clips that I can go back on and review. However I've noticed that the system is only keeping the last 30 days (or so) of clips and seemingly deleting everything after, which renders buying such big SD cards as pointless if this is a limitation of the system.

I've looked through the web and app interface settings and can't see any option to turn off this 30 day limitation. Am I misign soemthing, or will Arlo only keep the last 30 days? I need a continual, historical record of motion clips and not only the last month.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To my knowledge, the largeset card supported is 128GB ,,,

But also there is an option to auto over write the older files, I would check that setting and make sure it is OFF to maximized the number of recordings

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
kny
Initiate
Initiate

Many thanks for your response. I'll try turning the Overwrite option off, although.....

"Enabling this allows new recordings overwrite old recordings when available storage falls below 5MB."

... would seem to suggest I really should be able to fill these cards up with a lot of video clips, certainly more than 30 days worth. This 30 days at the moment is barely touching the card capacity at all, just 2GB used.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Agree... but it's the best info I can come up with  🙂

I haven't seen this before as not many are running Q plus's ... it may be worth a phone call to Netgear

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where did you format the card - the camera or a computer?  It might be worth checking the card to see if the format is using the whole card or just a small section of it.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation