Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Moving camera from lost account

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fan-gene
Follower
Follower

Hello,

We initially purchased a single camera to test Arlo out.  An employee (that is no longer with the company) created an account with his email address to connect the camera and test it.  We have since purchased more cameras and created an account managed by our IT department.

My questions is: How can I move the camera from the previous account when I do not have access to that account?  I need to add the camera to the new account, but when I search the forum, it seems that I must have access to the account the camera is currently associated with.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Netgear Support can release the camera and or base units

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's my understanding that cameras are not linked with an account, just the base. You can try syncing the camera to a different base and see if that works.  If not, only getting the ex-employee to remove devices from his account or contacting support will work.  If it does work, simply power off the old base so no access is allowed.  I'd still try getting the ex-employee to remove the devices as above and/or contacting support for completeness.

Edit - my fingers were faster than my brain.  Again.  Since this is a Q camera, Tom's suggestion stands although you could still try the ex-employee.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation