Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No application to be able to decode so I can stream and record over my LAN. No outdoor POE models

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jdh30277
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can a company make such stupid decisions? No application to be able to decode so I can stream and record over my LAN. No outdoor POE models and don’t get me started over this stupid POE USB dongle. Every other manufacturer has this. Guess I’m going back to Dlink.

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

I am sorry you are disappointed with your purchase, But obviously this camera system does not suit your needs. A little research ahead of the purchase would have told you that this is a cloud based system. Most of the wireless camera systems these days are.

Arlo is using their servers to store videos and use that as a revenue stream. But, if you compare the Arlos with other similar products, at least Arlo allows you to have free storage for your first 5 cameras up to 1 Gb. I believe that most of Arlo's customers are getting free cloud service. Other similar systems charge for cloud storage from the outset with your first camera.

Just saying...like it or not, it is what it is. That is not stupid in my opinion.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And, to be clear, there currently is no space limitation and hasn't been for years now. I've had what was approaching 2GB on the free plan. I currently have over 62GB on the Elite plan.

jdh30277
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s all well and good for home users, but don’t market the Q to advanced and business users. The web interface is garbage; how is a receptionist/admin supposed to monitor 10 feeds? They can’t. This is not a product suited to business or anyone who knows what they’re doing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Getting used to a different interface is just training and experience. Can that receptionist swap easily between Mac and Windows or Linux? As for advanced users, I'm retired IT (PC and *nix) and had little trouble coming up to speed on the initial interface (which has changed over time). As a 68 YO oldster, I can vouch for advanced users being able to figure this out.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation