Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No live view on any browser

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Paultown
Tutor
Tutor

Hi just bought the camera yesterday. A few glitches with iPad app and iPhone app but nothing major. Tried to get camera working on PC but only timeline works No live view. Got the plugin blocked symbol in chrome and tried all the suggestions to get it working. Still get error 201. Tried the chrome://flags but search does not give a run all content when searching for flash in the search area, as other posts have indicated, I don’t get that option. Tried Firefox which enabled the plugin and confirmed to always run, same error. Tried Epic privacy browser which some posts say has worked. All browsers fail.

is there a way to log a support ticket without using live chat? Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

I will ask again, if you log into your account on your PC can you see the live view there? If it works in the app both at home and at work, it should work in your account.

Try to temporarily connect your base directly to the router. If it works there then we will know if there is something happening at the hub.

Brian

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
brh
Master
Master

Arlo uses TCP port 80 on your network. Check your firewall to see if it is blocked or not,

Brian

brh
Master
Master

Another solution I have found is to reset the base unit with the power switch.

Brian

Paultown
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Brian all common ports open on firewall. This is also a pc on the same internal network connection
Paultown
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Brian reset the unit but this is an Arlo Q and does not have a base station it’s just a camera into the network
brh
Master
Master

Have you updated Flash player?

See this link:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Q/Flash-Player-Upgrade-required-to-view-video-on-web-page/m-p/...

and this link:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039099/Why-can-t-I-see-Arlo-video-streams-from-a-web-browser

Most browsers are turning Flash off in the default settings.

Also check that port 443 isn't blocked.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm on a mobile device t the moment so can't step you through the steps but virtually all recent browser updates have disabled Flash by default. You have to use the browser settings to do so.  It's not a flag in Chrome, it's a normal setting although kinda buried.

A quick Google for "enable <your browser> flash" should easily get you directions.

Paultown
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, enabled Flash on every browser through every tutorial. Not new to IT. Live view works fine on IOS app. Tried Firefox and Epic privacy browser. Firefox definitely allowed flash plugin to work but still same result
brh
Master
Master

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing here. My understanding is that when you log into your account, regardless of browser on a windows pc, the live view is not working. Is that correct?

I really am trying to help. I have googled your original question and entered it several different ways and that is all I have come up with so far.

The only other thing is that you may be getting some interferrence from somewhere. How far away is your hub from your router? nd how far away is your computer from the router?

Brian

Paultown
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Brian, yes updated Flash player and port 443 is open
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then it's a local problem. It works fine here and virtually everyplace else.

Paultown
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Brian that is correct. My PC is directly connected to my router not Wi-Fi. The camera is connected to a BT homehub disc via Wi-Fi, distance is less than 10ft and full Wi-Fi signal. Broadband Speedtest.net results are 202 mb/sec download and 11.9 mb/sec upload on VM fibre package. IOS apps work without issue whether on local network or via internet when away from home

brh
Master
Master

I will ask again, if you log into your account on your PC can you see the live view there? If it works in the app both at home and at work, it should work in your account.

Try to temporarily connect your base directly to the router. If it works there then we will know if there is something happening at the hub.

Brian

Paultown
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Brian, yes you are correct. Did try direct network connection but no change. As a last resort I have uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled as that seems to be the most effective browser and it is now working. Still nothing on Chrome or any other browser but will take the Firefix route. Thanks for all your help, ideas and patience with this one. Very odd but IT is sometimes like that. It was definitely browser related and Firefox seems to be the most Flash friendly for now

regards

Paul

brh
Master
Master
Paultown
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Brian, been through that link already with the chrome flags etc. I don’t actually get the same result for flash content when I search flags that others seem to. No run all flash content. Not that worried Brian I may give it a go as another project later quite happy to have working Firefox. Thanks again for all your help

regards

Paul

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation