Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro2 outside and the Q Plus inside?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MM8462
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.

I'm thinking of purchasing security cameras for inside my home and outside.  Knowing that the Arlo Q Plus is the best option for inside, but can't be used outside, are there any downsides (alerts, mobile capabilities, etc.), if I go with the Pro2 outside and the Q Plus inside?  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you can do that, but just to let you know the Q cameras will detect thru glass ( mine goes thru double pane andersen ) as it uses pixel detection.... so if you have windows near you can use the Q cams inside viewing out.

Also at this time the Pro2 extra options only work if ac powered and the outdoor ac plug has been pulled till a new one comes out, So the Pro camera if cheaper is also an option ( almost the same when on battery and both require a base unit ) ( q cameras run direct to your home wifi )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you can do that, but just to let you know the Q cameras will detect thru glass ( mine goes thru double pane andersen ) as it uses pixel detection.... so if you have windows near you can use the Q cams inside viewing out.

Also at this time the Pro2 extra options only work if ac powered and the outdoor ac plug has been pulled till a new one comes out, So the Pro camera if cheaper is also an option ( almost the same when on battery and both require a base unit ) ( q cameras run direct to your home wifi )

Morse is faster than texting!
MM8462
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Tom!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation