Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Q Plus Motion Recording Length

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TourBusGuy
Tutor
Tutor
How long will the Q Plus record when motion is detected? Example, as long as the motion keeps going on, or does it stop recording after a minute or two.
Thank you kindly...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The SD card only stores what's also available in the cloud, not the stream. Not a bad idea to have a local backup of your recorded videos but that's all you'll get. It will also record if the Internet is down so can be useful for that scenario, too.

CVR requires the stream to be able to be sent to the cloud for storage and review. It's the only way to be able to review the whole stream.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are two settings - 10-120 seconds timed recording as well as record while motion continues.  The latter requires that detectable motion pauses no longer than about 5 seconds or the recording will stop.  It will record again when motion is detected after the pause and a brief reset period.  If motion is detectable, the camera will record for up to 5 minutes.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

With the Q cameras, if you purchase the CVR option, it will record 24/7 while also putting triggered events in the Library as normal.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TourBusGuy
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks guys.. I was concerned that if the burglars spent 20 minutes ransacking my place, I would only have 2 minutes of footage & possibly only the back of there there heads. I think I'm going with the Q Plus over the Q, because of the SD card capability. I appreciate your help!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The SD card only stores what's also available in the cloud, not the stream. Not a bad idea to have a local backup of your recorded videos but that's all you'll get. It will also record if the Internet is down so can be useful for that scenario, too.

CVR requires the stream to be able to be sent to the cloud for storage and review. It's the only way to be able to review the whole stream.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation