Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tingram
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Q Plus and have the CVR subscription - the cameral records for about five minutes, then the recording shuts off.  I can still see the live streaming on my computer but it is no longer recording.  Do I have an incorrect setting somewhere?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The CVR option should be recording on the time line 24/7

ALSO, any triggered events will appear as a color marked section AND appear in the library as a normal recording.

If it isn't doing so, and you have reset the cameras, I fire off a question directly to Netgear via their email/chat and see what they can do for you.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To rephrase a bit, the Q camera constantly streams which is what you see via CVR.  Recording is different - it's based on motion or by manually recording while live viewing.

I just tested mine to see what happens when recording while live viewing. My camera is a bit funky - had to restart it just to be able to do this.  I found that, while the network was showing video being uploaded, an attempt to record for >5 minutes resulted not only in an error message when stopping recording that no recording was going on but also no recording showed up in the library.  This is likely a result of previously being able to record for >1 hour, resulting in a huge video file which Netgear obviously didn't want to have happen.  Why you can get 5 minute recordings without doing anything and I can't is unknown.  Maybe if I had waited, it would have shown up, maybe not.

So, the end result is that currently you can't get more than a 5 minute recording from a Q.  However, you can use CVR to essentially do the same thing.

tingram
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks!  I'll get in touch with them

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation