Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Qplus with CVR records for five minutes or less then recording shuts off

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tingram
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Q Plus and have the CVR subscription - the cameral records for about five minutes, then the recording shuts off.  I can still see the live streaming on my computer but it is no longer recording.  Do I have an incorrect setting somewhere?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The CVR option should be recording on the time line 24/7

ALSO, any triggered events will appear as a color marked section AND appear in the library as a normal recording.

If it isn't doing so, and you have reset the cameras, I fire off a question directly to Netgear via their email/chat and see what they can do for you.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To rephrase a bit, the Q camera constantly streams which is what you see via CVR.  Recording is different - it's based on motion or by manually recording while live viewing.

I just tested mine to see what happens when recording while live viewing. My camera is a bit funky - had to restart it just to be able to do this.  I found that, while the network was showing video being uploaded, an attempt to record for >5 minutes resulted not only in an error message when stopping recording that no recording was going on but also no recording showed up in the library.  This is likely a result of previously being able to record for >1 hour, resulting in a huge video file which Netgear obviously didn't want to have happen.  Why you can get 5 minute recordings without doing anything and I can't is unknown.  Maybe if I had waited, it would have shown up, maybe not.

So, the end result is that currently you can't get more than a 5 minute recording from a Q.  However, you can use CVR to essentially do the same thing.

tingram
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks!  I'll get in touch with them

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation