Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Replacement Wall Mount for Arlo Q Plus

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TheFiddler
Guide
Guide
The flat wall-mount plate that came with my Arlo Q Plus got lost in the shuffle of my remodel. The website has lots of accessories and mount options to purchase, but nothing for our product. I love having the magnet in the base, but the only metallic material behind my drywall are nails and maybe some plumbing brackets.

Does anyone have any ideas for creative (yet unobtrusive and sleek!) solutions? Or how / where I could buy a couple of replacement mounts?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Wall mounts are here  ; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/wall-mount.aspx

As to sleek , the cameras will stick to any ferrous type metal.... so try mounting on almost anything it will stick to. Such as metal shelf brackets, file cabinet, refrigerator ..etc.

Or look online for any of the mini camera mounts with the standard camera ( 1/4-20 ) mount thread...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I'm old and don't remember (true enough) but I don't think the Q cameras have a threaded mount hole.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

Maybe I'm old and don't remember (true enough) but I don't think the Q cameras have a threaded mount hole.

And I don't remember them having a magnet...   So what are we talking about !  🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q does have a magnet - it's supplied with a metal plate to allow for this.  I never investigated this to see how it worked.  It may be that the magnet is in the wall plate that the OP is missing.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

WOW... mine doesn't have a magnet on the metal mounting base... learn something new every day !

Just went and looked... Plastic mounting plate slides on/off.... Magnet in in the center of main mount.

OK... to answer the OP,  take a small piece of sheet metal about 1-1/2 " sq... put hole in middle and mount to wall ( screw, moly, )... If on sheetrock, you can gently tap it flush to the rock... it should stick fine.

Or just use the 3m command strips on the base, holds tight, comes off with no damage

tommongo
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK ... so how do you 'slide' off the magnetic plate?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation