Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to get the MAC address for the POE adapter on an ARLO Q plus

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
brantkrebs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to find the MAC address for the POE adapter on an Arlo Q Plus. I have to connect the camera via ethernet connection, wifi is not an option where this camera will be located. The organization where this camera will be located won't allow anything on their network without the MAC address being whitelisted first. The wireless controller MAC is on the outside of the box and stamped underneath the base of the camera but that does me no good. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a Q+ but I'd try it at home and check the router for the MAC address if it's not marked on the PoE adapter itself. Of course, your router would need to support PoE or use a switch that does.

Edit: On reflection, it may not be an issue of PoE since you can use the adapter just to use Ethernet without PoE. Just plug it in and check. Maybe IT will do that for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a Q+ but I'd try it at home and check the router for the MAC address if it's not marked on the PoE adapter itself. Of course, your router would need to support PoE or use a switch that does.

Edit: On reflection, it may not be an issue of PoE since you can use the adapter just to use Ethernet without PoE. Just plug it in and check. Maybe IT will do that for you.

brantkrebs
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's what I ended up doing, taking it home and getting the mac off my router.

Thanks,

-Brant

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation