Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wifi reconnection issue

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Forko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys, i have an issue with my Arlo Q Plus. If the router restarts or internet connection is down for a while, my camera is not connecting automatically to the router (wifi connection). I have to reboot it manually (power off / power on).

I have other cameras from ubiquity and dlink on the same wifi, and they re-connect properly. Any help?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Cyrenafairie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having same problem. Cannot find My Device (Arlo Q Plus camera) after I change my router. Pressed 'Reset' hole in camera, deleted the device in Arlo App in my iPhone. - tried all that and still cannot sync the camera. Pls help !!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cyrenafairie,

What error message are you seeing when trying to setup your camera? Are you trying to add it to a different account or the same account that it had been on previously?

JamesC

Cyrenafairie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using my same account. I have a new router (after upgraded my hone broadband speed). I followed through the setup until the final part when it failed to find the device, then Arlo Q plus camera give the "failed" sound. I am at my wits end. I changed password to make sure all alphabets and no special characters. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the SSID also bland?  If not, change it, too, temporarily or use the router's guest WiFi to set the camera up and update firmware.  Then switch it to the desired settings and change the camera network connection to that.

Cyrenafairie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have already changed SSID to all alpha numeric with no special character. What else could I do or check next?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you used the reset button, did you hold it until the LED flashed amber? If not try again.

Have you tried both 2.4 and 5 GHz channels? Which one are you try to use now?

You could also take the camera to a friend's house and try there. If successful, let the camera update firmware, if available, and take it home. Use Settings, My Devices, your camera, WiFi Network (or whatever it is) to use your WiFi.

If all fails, swap at the store or open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Cyrenafairie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, Jguerdat.
Yes, I pressed "Reset" till LED flashed amber blink and heard click sound.
I tried connecting to both 2.4ghz and wifi 5ghz. Both failed.

Yes I could try connecting my camera at fren's place. How do we update firmware?

I bought my Arlo Q plus at Challenger store. Can I swop the camera there or is there a Netgear(Arlo) support office in Singapore?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Updating firmware should be automatic. First the camera has to be synced.

It's up to the store's return policy for being able to return the camera for a new one. Otherwise you'll need to contact support for further help.

Cyrenafairie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi jguerdat
Good news! I finally found the solution. My Arlo Q plus are working perfect now. The trick is to press "Reset" hole, use my old SSID (router name). I have checked the problem is not the firmware because it is already the latest version.
Forko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Total off-topic. I post this not because changing the router. The router is same - simply when is restarted (the router) or internet connection is dow for a while, the camera cannot connect againto the same router and the same wifi netwrok.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've restarted my router many times with the Q reconnecting just fine.  Lengthy periods of time may be an issue - I haven't tried that.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation