Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Q CVR problems (no sounds and/or video lag

Discussion stats
wheelson8
Follower
Follower

I'm having some serious issues with watching the CVR recordings on my Arlo Q. 90% of the videos either have no sound and/or lots of video lag. Lots as in over 10+ secs of person being in one spot not moving, then same person appears in another totally different spot. Tried reading some threads and it seems lots of people are having the same issues here. I tried turning off then switching on the camera and that seems to have fixed the issue for a couple of hours. Then the a few hours later, there is no sound. Then 30 min after that, video lag. Then after that, nothing is being recorded. Does anyone have a fix to this issue? Extremely frustrating as these cameras aren't cheap and on top of that, I'm shelling out extra money for unreliable recordings. Someone please help.

Thanks

53 REPLIES 53
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Several back end improvements have been made that should alleviate some of the issues being discussed here. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues when streaming Arlo Q cameras and viewing CVR.

JamesC

Rodger_Moore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any news on this? My Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus and Arlo Baby are all having this problem (sound not recording after a couple of seconds). It happens with manual recordings and triggered recordings. It really sucks 😞

fattyporkbelly
Tutor
Tutor

which issues should we be looking for?

Finchwizard
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL got issues with recording on the ArloQ's.

It shows about 5 seconds of playback and the other 1min55sec is just the same picture with audio in the background.

Only displays this in the Arlo APp on iOS, it's all up to date, been removed, re-added all the usual stuff.

Works fine on a web browser on a desktop.

WTF are you guys doing with the Arlo app? It's just a piece of garbage. Usually it's the camera that sucks but now you just suck in general with all these issues.