Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Myhomeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! I just purchase my second arlo q camera but my app seems to be prioritizing the new camera over my old one. E.g.. it will catch cars going my while the other don't catch that same car. Both have the same settings (9 speed, 3zones, no audio) I tried disconnecting the old one and reconnecting and still have this problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Myhomeee

in that case, it must be just differences in the two cameras. You can contact Customer Support at the green banner near the bottom of this page.

Brian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@Myhomeee

It is possible that the new camera has improvements that the old camera did not have. You do not have to have the same settings on both cameras. 

Brian

Myhomeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
My first camera was purchased in October and all the specs are the same for both of them .
brh
Master
Master

@Myhomeee

Sorry if I was not understanding your post. Are you saying that the old camera is not working as well as the newer one when set up to see the same scene?

Brian

Myhomeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. They are exactly the same camera (model and all) all settings are set the same in different windows but facing the same street (watching both my vhicles) but the one I just added to the account catches more cars while the first gets one here and there if that makes sense
brh
Master
Master

@Myhomeee

Just for the sake of satisfying my curiosity, have you gone into the Device Info for each camera and see if the HW, (hardware version), is the same for each camera?

Brian

Myhomeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes they are the same for that too
brh
Master
Master

@Myhomeee

in that case, it must be just differences in the two cameras. You can contact Customer Support at the green banner near the bottom of this page.

Brian

Myhomeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks anyways !