Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding more wireless cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abhi_niki
Follower
Follower

I have one Arlo Q with the following details of the camera

HW Version: VMC3040r6
Serial NUmber: 4K7262SN11DB3

I want to add 2 more cameras to my house, one at the entrance (outside the house) and one at the back of the house (outside the house again) + one maybe in the kitchen. I have my ONLY camera connected directly to my internet router's SSID. If I buy 3 more cameras, how do I connect all of them? Do I need to buy a base station or will the other 3 connect the same way as my current camera? SInce the 2 cameras have to be installed outside, do they need to be a different camera? Also, will I need to buy a camera with bateries in them as I cant power them up when installed outside?

Please let me know how do I connect the 4 cameras together.

Many thanks,
Abhi
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras at this time are only Indoor rated, so you Prob would be thinking of a ARLO PRO since you said outdoors

The Pro cameras( weather proof ) run on a battery pack OR if in indoors you can leave them plugged into the ac. They access the internet via a Base unit ( that connects to your home router with an ethernet cable )

So the Pro cameras connect to the base unit and the base plugs into you router.... All cameras ( Pro and Q ) will appear in the same program or app.

( one difference, is that the Q camera and the PRO cameras will be on their own arming/schedule as if they were separate systems ( which they really are ))

For the Basic level of service ( free ) you are allowed up to 5 cameras

Hope this answers your questions

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------