Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
EFTC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Q camera with the latest firmware (version 1.8.3.0_9926).  When I am on live view with night vision turned on, clicking sound is heard in the video.  When the night vision is turned on, the clicking sound becomes more loud.

Note it is actual clicking noise "click click click click".  

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the cause of the noise could be? I tried moving the camera around the house and the noise is still present.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the Hardware version of the Q under settings.. Contact Netgear Support re the camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Slagish
Star
Star
I have this same problem and it's very annoying.
Slagish
Star
Star
Is there a fix to this clicking/buzzing noise from the device?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.

Slagish
Star
Star

If you're experiencing this issue, and are withing the 30 days return window or 14 days with some stores, return it to that store! Dont go through Netgear, i spent almost over a week just for them to swap it out.... at my expense.  I have to pay for my own shipping to them, for a defective product that they're selling.. Thanks for nothing Netgear.  Never again.

blancour
Guide
Guide
I was told today by Expert ID 46110 "So far we do not have any information coming from the department with regard to the concern". Ignorance is infuriating... we'll see if the issue gets resolved.
blancour
Guide
Guide
Might not be the exact same issue but is a clicking noise emitted by the cameras that triggers false audio detection alarms
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

blancour,

I would like to take a look at your support case. Please let me know your case number and I will review your case offering any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC

blancour
Guide
Guide
Case #28209334
blancour
Guide
Guide
JamesC,

Replacements were sent out with me paying almost $34 shipping and the replacements are behaving the same way. Neil, expert ID 8324, is working on follow up.