Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - Massive false alarms! Zones are not working properly after last update

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ale87
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I am very dissapoiment with the last update for my Arlo Q cameras. The zones are not working and it was working fine before.

for example I configured my zones In the follow way: TAB Devices Arlo Q "outdoor camera" ->  Video Settings -> Zoom -> add zone

It was working fine since 3 weeks (when I bought my system) detecting motions only in my "green" and small zone.

Last night I noticed the leds on Arlo Q cameras were blinking (updating) I untouched the settings and since last night I received 100+ alerts (cars, people walking around) + and my wife's phone notifications too

I verificated my zones are correct just how I said above.

The possible Bug. when I go to TAB Mode -> select my camera -> Armed(settings) -> settings -> Detects Motion(settings) ->Motion Detection Zones (settings). it show and different imagen to the one I configured before, a not zoomed image with a zone much bigger (in scale) and it is what is detecting all and creating false alerts for me.

I used a google image for ilustration not my real cameras captures.

arlo.png

I have configured all like the image above the right one, but for some weird reason it is showing the left image when I enters to my camera using the tab Mode

I have about 3 weeks with 3 Arlo Pro + station + 2 Arlo Q. I am getting a lot the minor issue with thus cameras, but it last is driving me crazy. Thinking about the return the cameras I hope it get fixed soon.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It might be worrthwhile to reset the camera using the reset button until the LED blinks amber, delete the camera in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. My zones are working fine.

ale87
Tutor
Tutor
I followed you instructions, but the issue still happen. I pressed the reset button until the ambar LED stars to blink. I added the camera again and configured the zones again. And selected the zones in Mode tab.

The whole day with undesired alarms triggered by cars and people out of my zones
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be a faulty camera.  Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

csangree
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue. Did you figure anything out to solve it? My Arlo Q was a recent purchase via Amazon, so I'm sending back for a replacement since it's still within the allotted time to do so. 

I spent about 5 hours on the chat with Arlo/Netgear tech support and they finally just issued an RMA, but wanted me to pay for shipping. Ha! Thank you, Amazon free returns.

Disappointed at the amount of time it took to troubleshoot, and really hoping that a new camera fixes it.

ale87
Tutor
Tutor

"I solved it" just turning off the notifications and enabling it when I am out of home for long period of time