Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ML
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had an Arlo Q in my office which I had turn-off the microphone. When I use my Arlo app on my andriod phone to check the status. The microphone icon is 'black' which means enable but it should be grey out. After monitoring for a while, I noticed the icon will change from black to grey and grey to black randomly. Why?

Hardware      VMC3040r6
Firmware1.8.0_5551
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you verified that the mic is actually on or off as the icon indicates?  If the display is showing the true setting, I'd think that the camera has an issue.  It would be worth a reset using the reset button for several seconds until it clicks and the LED starts flashing amber.  You'd need to resync it after removing it from Settings, My Devices.

RamTruckGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought that I would chim in here because I cant find any other way to get any support. Its like Arlo works very hard at pushing you into some chat rather than just being availale to fix things. The microphone icon is missing from the iPhone App. I have reset the camera (Arlo Pro), reset the base station, reloaded the App onto the phone and of couse the option to turn on the microphone and speaker for Arlo Pro is set to ON within the App. The microphone icon is showing if I log into Arlo with a PC. Can anyone help me with this issue please.

Thanks Jay

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Support is available in various forms using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RamTruckGuy,

A fix was deployed for this issue late last week. You may need to log out of the app (Settings > Profile > Log out) and sign back in for the icon to appear correctly.

JamesC