Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q low wifi range

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KjetilTom
Follower
Follower

I have 2 Arlo HD and 1 Arlo Q. The Arlo Q has very low range for its WiFi signal, is that normal? If i setup the camera in the hallway it is only about 5 meters from my router and barly has a signal. If i move the Arlo Q to my living room where the router is only 6-7 meters from my Arlo-Q it want connect at all. It seams that maximum distance is about 3-4 meters from any router. All my other cellphones and pc connects with good quality all over our house. I have restarted the Arlo Q several times and made new connections. Is this normal range?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, I have found the Q camera has LESS range compared to the Arlo cameras...

Tho that range is a bit low...it also depends what the signal goes thru ...like metalduc work, mirrors, etc

Can be two other  reasons;

1) just not as good receiver/transmitter setup

2) the Q can work on 5 ghz too and the normal 2.4ghz on the Arlos has a better range/distance... If the Q locks into the 5 ghz ( if you have it ) you can get less range

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
silanah
Apprentice
Apprentice

KjetilTom wrote:

I have 2 Arlo HD and 1 Arlo Q. The Arlo Q has very low range for its WiFi signal, is that normal? If i setup the camera in the hallway it is only about 5 meters from my router and barly has a signal. If i move the Arlo Q to my living room where the router is only 6-7 meters from my Arlo-Q it want connect at all. It seams that maximum distance is about 3-4 meters from any router. All my other cellphones and pc connects with good quality all over our house. I have restarted the Arlo Q several times and made new connections. Is this normal range?

No, it shouldn't be the normal range. The data sheet for the product is same as Q+ and wireless - they say wifi range is 300 feet line of sight. 

Turn in a Support ticket from the Support menu.   

Qdatasheet_specs.PNG