Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jhobbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have been having a hard time getting the Arlo Q camera to connect to the wifi?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most often, the Q just needs a reset.... Hold in the RESET for about 10 secs till the Led flashes... attempt sync again as normal

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jhobbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for responding so quickly.  Unfortuately that did not take care of the issue? Any other ideas?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try again :)...

Seriously, the older sw a while back had issues with odd character in the Password on some routers... but that was mostly fixed TMK..

If you have a guest access on you router, try and hook into that as most of the time the guest side has a lower password/encryption.

OR, as a last test if possible, attempt to hook into a friends wifi to see if it's your system or the Q cam.

Last thing I can think of is opened ports on the router, but 99/100 if you on the internet they are open and/or Bitdefender was cauising trouble a while back too.

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
U til the camera gets updated firmware it's possible that it has an old version prone to the SSID and passphrase issue of not accepting non-alphanumeric characters. Use of the guest WiFi, if your router has that feature, would help get the new firmware and then you could switch to your normal WiFi connection. Also, the Q cameras have to use WPA2 encryption, definitely not WEP.
silanah
Apprentice
Apprentice

And don't rely on just the Community - turn in a Support request. The Qs DO have a wifi issue. I've done everything suggested a zillion times and my Q still drops it's wifi every evening without fail. So I pull out the power and the blinking light really bothers me even though I have covered it with 6 layers of a tiny opaque tape bit.

And, let's face it, we shouldn't need to do that or pull out the plug to get a camera that works fine for half the time to work for 24 hours. It's NOT out of range - it connects fine most of the time and EVERYTHING else that uses wifi has a great signal strength when moved to the same location as the Q to test signal.  Wifi signal apps show very good signal strength.

LOVE the video quality on the Q but it still needs firmware updates to fix the wifi issue.. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Or you have a bad camera. Open a case with support.