Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q multiple issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
martin9911
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Q cameras and I love the idéa of the system. It´s extremly easy to get started and the GUI is pretty good. But the overall reliability of the functions is very poor. 

Running all three cameras at my summer house situated on an island 5 hours away from home. Rubustness and reliability is very important since I cannot just go there and restart cameras. 

Fortunally I installed remote controled power outlets to the cameras so if I have some issues with them I can reboot the from home. A function I have to use often. 

The most common issues are:

1. Camera starts recording vide and audio but the video freezes after 3-4 seconds. Audio is still recordning.
  2. Video quality is generally good but sometime a lot of "pixel-blur" which ruins the video completely. 
  3. Camera looses the connection. Only a power off and on via remote power outlets will fix the issue.
  4. Green och grey screens on recordings. See attached screendump.

Since I get no warnings in advance that the cameras dont work properly it can go days before I see that one of them have one, or more, of the above issues. So I can have a lot of useless recordnings. 

Anyone experience the same?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it appears that this happens on all of your cameras, I'd start suspecting either interference with the WiFi signal and/or speed or reliability issues with your ISP. What band of your WiFi are you using - 2.4 or 5GHz?  Have you tried the other?

quarkdoll
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes - a quick scan of the forums shows mulltiple threads on each of these topics; involvement from Netgear on addressing these issues is rare and opaque when it does occur.

Jaydius
Initiate
Initiate

Ive been encountering the same issues with my 2 Arlo Q's for some time now.  It seemed to get worse after upgrading my subscription to include CVR for both cameras. 

I have high speed internet and run a Netgear Orbi 50 system for wireless, which has been fantastic for speed and coverage.  I highly doubt its a network speed issue.