Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q not recording audio after subscribing to CVR. Also video quality terrible

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Polished
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the camera for about a month now and it's been working fine. Just yesterday around 4pm I added CVR. The audio stopped working at 2:18am. I just checked on today's timeline recording and it's terrible quality and missing audio. The audio is also missing from the recorded videos and the quality is also beyond terrible. I haven't changed any settings.

I'm so dissapointed.
I had something important to check today and I can't because audio is missing. How can you trust these cameras?

I feel like returning them.

4 REPLIES 4
Polished
Aspirant
Aspirant

PS. In "Live" mode Arlo Q audio is working but it's very choppy.  My other camera, Arlo Pro is working perfectly fine (and has been recodring audio all day) so it's not the internet issue.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would do a reset of the Q camera and see if it fixes the issue ( hold reset for 10 sec till led flashes , resync as if new )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Polished
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seeemed to worked. Then it went down again today at around 3pm. I noticed it when I got home and I was reviewing the footage (I use it in my business). This time I restarted the camera from the app. It's working now.

I have to say I'm quite dissapointed how unreliable this system is.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Polished,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC