Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
karston2016
Follower
Follower

Is the camera support mac/pc/iphone/ androi? How many user and access the camera in the same time? Is 7 days recording free for life time? if not, can  do the recording myself? is  it wired or wirelss? what is different between arlo q and arlo pro ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

karston2016 wrote:

Is the camera support mac/pc/iphone/ androi? How many user and access the camera in the same time? Is 7 days recording free for life time? if not, can  do the recording myself? is  it wired or wirelss? what is different between arlo q and arlo pro ?

Many questions in so short a paragraph...

yes the Arlo supports iOS, android, and web browsers

you can grant access to many users, last I hard was no limit....but remember more users viewing, less battery life

7 day storage is free ( basic plan) ...on day number 8 , day number 1 is deleted...this is for up to 5 cameras.

for ever

On the regular Arlos, ther is no local recording but on the Q+ and the Pro system there is

The Q is indoor rated, ac power ( or by POE if Q+) , The PRO is outdoor rated with a rechargeable battery only ( tho future solar panel charger will be available .. AC not outdoor rated for pro )

The Arlo cameras andthe Pro cameras are wifi to the bases only ( bases set up their own wifi network) .the Q cameras link to your home wifi system

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

karston2016 wrote:

Many questions in so short a paragraph...

yes the Arlo supports iOS, android, and web browsers

you can grant access to many users, last I hard was no limit....but remember more users viewing, less battery life

7 day storage is free ( basic plan) ...on day number 8 , day number 1 is deleted...this is for up to 5 cameras.

for ever

On the regular Arlos, ther is no local recording but on the Q+ and the Pro system there is

The Q is indoor rated, ac power ( or by POE if Q+) , The PRO is outdoor rated with a rechargeable battery only ( tho future solar panel charger will be available .. AC not outdoor rated for pro )

The Arlo cameras andthe Pro cameras are wifi to the bases only ( bases set up their own wifi network) .the Q cameras link to your home wifi system

Morse is faster than texting!