Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q viewing options

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nirv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to use a viewing size larger than the default login page but smaller than the full screen mode.  My intent is to leave it on a web browser tab full view but still be able to see my other browser tabs and switch between them.  All I seem to be able to do is full screen or escape back to the login view size.  I tried F11 which switches most browsers in and out of full screen but it didn't help.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That all depends on the browser your using and not the Arlo System....

For exp, Firefox has a lot split  screen add-on that works very well

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Nirv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well on Win10 Chrome, Edge and IE 11 all do it.  On Win 7 IE11, Firefox and Chrome all do it.  I either have full Alro cam screen with no browser tabs available or it's back to small screen.  F11, Esc or clicking the screen sizing arrows all have the same result.  This does not have the ability to display like a normal web page.  To say it's a browser problem and to have to use a special split screen add on to solve it is really stretching things.  I think Netgear or whoever is coding this software needs to step up their game.  This issue seems pretty fundmental.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It was all I had to offer....don't beat the messenger  🙂

At this time the app/prgm is what it is...

You should actually put your request here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nirv,

I might be misunderstanding the request..sorry if that is the case but you might be able to do what you're wanting by zooming in on the browser window (CTRL and mouse wheel, CTRL and +/-)

This will enlarge the camera widget without forcing full screen, leaving other tabs in the browser visible.

JamesC

Nirv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried the browser zoom but it limited effect.  I guess the live video is similar to youtube viewing of small scree or full screen.  YT does also have a somewhat in between "theater" view.  But I think it would still be great to be able to view a live camera contained in a browser full screen and be able to switch between browser tabs.  Maybe even an option to right click it and choose "open viewer in a new browser window".  RIght now I only have one camera but will soon add a second Q so having flexible viewing would be a big advantage.  Thanks for the input.