Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q white noise

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
arlonester
Tutor
Tutor

How come when i view it live i hear a lot of white noise, like radio white noise of an empty channel?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You shouldn't.... how is it if some talks in a normal voice a few feet away ??

maybe lower the volume on the unit...

End answer is contact Netgear Support, maybe they are aware of the issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
martin9911
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Bought two cameras and one of them hade severe white noise and I got it replaced. I bought an additional camera so now I have three. All produces a little white noise, but nothing that actually disturbes. The other issues with the cameras are much more concerning than some minor noise...

RG111
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a new Arlo Q and experience the same white noise described.  I contacted Netgear support and was told that is normal, but still question that reply.  I can say that voices could still  be picked up clearly both far and near to the speaker when remotely connecting, without having to adjust the Arlo volume.  I keep it at maximum volume.  I have lowered the volume on my IPAD to reduce the noise, but still need to test if voices can be heard.  also, have noticed sometimes getting an audio alert as a result of a single loud click sound..and I am confident it is not a sound coming from within the home.  Note also I am now having problems connecting to my Arlo remotely, either connnecting slowly or not at all, and notice the white noise stops during a poor connection.