Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo-Q will not allow me to adjust recording length or time of day

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
momalboe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a single Arlo-Q that I purchased to monitor and record seizure activity.  It works, kind of. It will currently only record 15 seconds following an alert (video or sound).  There is still activity going on however, which doesn't re-trigger the recording.

I need it to either record longer (60 - 120 seconds instead of 15 seconds)
OR
Let me set the time to record during the evening (like 11:00 p.m. through 5:00 a.m.)

I can change the settings for the first scenario using the UI of the app - but it doesn't retain that setting - it just goes back to 15 seconds.  I have also tried creating a new mode as has been suggested throughout the forums, but it behaves exactly the same way. 

I have tried this with both the Mobile app (android) and the online app (Mac).  No luck with either.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problem is not saving at each step possible (not all steps have a Save and some are one step backwards) Using the app, I see a Save for the recording length setting but then there's a Save one step back at the rule level.

If that's not the case, resetting the camera may be needed. Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. That should clear out any weirdnesses, including old firmware.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problem is not saving at each step possible (not all steps have a Save and some are one step backwards) Using the app, I see a Save for the recording length setting but then there's a Save one step back at the rule level.

If that's not the case, resetting the camera may be needed. Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. That should clear out any weirdnesses, including old firmware.

momalboe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help - it was a very easy fix once you know to go <back> to the save button. Who came up with this UI?  Yikes.

Thank you very much for the solution. I had looked for save buttons, but who knew it was going to be so well hidden.  🙂

momalboe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looksl ike I was a bit too soon with that solution.  I am now able to make the changes (and save them) in the app, but they are completely ignored.  In fact, now it's worse as instead of always doing a 15 second video, it only does a few seconds.  I'll try all the other stuff you mentioned and see if that gets me anywhere.

Thsnks again for your help.  Baby steps 😉

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the camera.