Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo q connection problem / add device

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nazish
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought new camera first time connected and then i saw firmwere uodate , I did hit update new firmwere and now connection failed .. tried 100 times and also resst camera .. but always add new device connection failed .. pls help me
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How did you reset the camera?  Push the reset button until the LED flashes amber. Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices.  Resync using the Add Device button on the Devices tab.  Any luck?  If not, what errors do you see as well as any other symptoms?

Nazish
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes i did this already .. try to add device (arlo q) again .. always blue light blinks and then connection failed error voice ... tried 100 times .. also reset by holding 10 sec and start add device again but same prob
what should i do
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It may be that the update failed and it's in a weird state. Make sure your SSID and passphrase have only alphanumeric characters and that you're using WPA2 encryption. Enable the router's guest network, if needed. Move the camera close to the router. If all that fails, you can open a case here using the Contact Support link at the bottom here or swap at the store.