Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloQ not syncing! Other ArloQ has no issues. What can I do to resolve it?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I already installed one ArloQ with no issue and it works very well.

The 2nd one wouldn't sync so I returned that one and the new one doesn't sync either. How is that possible? I didn't many factory resets and even tried to add the device on my husbands phone and same issue.

I bought a total of 4 cameras so tomorrow I will try the next one but this is frustrating as the first one was set up in minutes.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that these have old firmware that doesn't allow special characters in the SSID and/or passphrase.  If your router supports it, try using the guest WiFi with a bland SSID and passphrase.  Once updated you can then move the camera to your preferred connection.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that these have old firmware that doesn't allow special characters in the SSID and/or passphrase.  If your router supports it, try using the guest WiFi with a bland SSID and passphrase.  Once updated you can then move the camera to your preferred connection.

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm not sure how to change to a different wifi as this is for a residence and w wonky have one wifi secured password. Why didn't the other one have any issues? This is very strange
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure I understand but the camera expects a secured WiFi using WPA2. If that's not what you're using at home, do so at once or everything's at risk, including the camera.

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have secured internet. We just had a Spectrum tech come to our office and according to him we might need a wifi extender. However I planned to return the camera but took it out of the box again and tried to sync the camera that wouldn't work at home, at my office. It worked right away and we installed it now at the office and the other one is on its way home with us and we will see if the camera now will work. As we were able to sync the camera we were also able to update the film ware and will give it another try at home. Otherwise the wifi extender will be tried out. Thanks for the replies and advise.
Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
As of now problem resolved.
Taking the camera to sync with a different wifi and then updating firmware helped. Thanks to advise on this forum.