Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloQ very, very slow to disarm

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant
ArloQ model VMC3040r6, Firmware 1.8.3.0_9926 is very, very slow (5 minutes or more) to disarm. When I tap on MODE to disarm, I get GETTING INFORMATION for a long time before it allows me to tap on DISARM. I use to be able to disarm after tapping on mode in less than 30 seconds. Why is it now taking so long? Device location has not changed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Easiest thing to do first is RESET the camera ( hold reset for ten sec till the led flashes ) and then resync

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Easiest thing to do first is RESET the camera ( hold reset for ten sec till the led flashes ) and then resync

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RickFritz,

Adding to the suggestion above, do you see the same behavior regardless of the viewing device you are signed in to? Do both the mobile app and web client show the same behavior?

JamesC

RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant
ArloQ was reset and reconnected. I am now able to arm and disarm Arlo quickly from mobile device. Thanks for the help.
RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant
No! I am still having problems with Arlo not wanting to disarm from my iPhone SE. However, Arlo will readily disarm from my iPad. I reinstalled the Arlo app but that did not solve the problem. What's going on here?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RickFritz,

It sounds like this issue is isolated to your iPhone. Consider rebooting your phone and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried the above suggestions (resetting Arlo and rebooting my iPhone), but my Arlo Q still takes 15 minutes or more to disarm. However, I can disarm Arlo without any problem using my iPad. Maybe the problem is with my phone (iPhone SE)?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RickFritz,

It very well could be an issue with the phone. Do you have any other devices (other than the iPad which you know works) that also have the same behavior?

JamesC

RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have just an iPad and my iPhone SE. My Arlo Q can be quickly armed and disarmed with the iPad. However, Arlo Q takes a little longer (up to 30 seconds) to arm and forever (15-20 minutes) to disarm with my iPhone! The problem must be with my iPhone. Thanks to all for trying to help.