Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arming and Disarming Device

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like to know why I am able to arm my ArloQ with my iPhone but unable to disarm the device with my iPhone when I get back home. However, I am able to disarm the device if I use my iPad. Yes, I have reset ArloQ and the app. I have been living with this problem for a year now. What is the most likely cause of this problem? Please Help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant

First let me thank those of you that have been offering suggestions concerning my difficulty disarming my ArloQ when returning home from an outing. This morning I left my house with my iPhone turned on but with the cellular data and location services turned off. Also, Arlo was left in the "Disarmed" mode. When I arrived at Panera Bread I had no difficulty both arming and disarming Arlo. Then before leaving Panera, I armed Arlo again so I could see if it would allow me to disarm it when I got home with my iPhone. When I got home I checked at the front door to make sure my phone had connected to my wifi. I connected to the Arlo App but got the message "getting status" for the device and "getting information" for mode. After about fifteen to twenty minutes, a connection was made and I could finally select "disarmed". I continued to experiment, and I discovered that if I completely turn off my iPhone upon arriving home and then turn it back on, I could readily disarm Arlo! Apparently, there is some sort of connectivity problem between my phone and my AT&T router. Again, thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RickFritz,

You should be able to both Arm and Disarm from your iPhone. What are you experiencing that is preventing you from disarming? This should be accessible from "Modes" the same as the Arm function.

JamesC

RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I go to mode to disarm when using my iPhone, I get the message “getting information”. However, the window that would let me disarm never comes up (unless I give it twenty or more minutes!). When I go to mode using my iPad, I get the message “getting information” but then the window that allows me to disarm immediately come up! And then I am able to disarm ArloQ.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RickFritz,

This should behave the same on both devices. What model/iOS version iPhone are you using? Do you have the latest version of the Arlo Mobile app installed?

JamesC

RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant
My phone is the iPhoneSE model. The “SE” stands for special edition. Apple introduced this smaller screen model the same time as the iPhone 6S. The guts of these two models are very similar. My phone is up to date with iOS11.2.1. And yes, I have downloaded the latest Arlo Mobile App. When I asked at my Apple store why my phone would not work properly with my ArloQ, I was told the problem was with the Netgear software. I’m sure the Netgear folks will say the problem is with my Apple iPhone. Remember that my iPad will readily disarm the ArloQ device. Oh, and this might be important: My iPhone will disarm Arlo if I arm the device and then disarm the device WITHOUT LEAVING THE HOUSE. It’s only when I leave the house and try to disarm Arlo when I get home. That’s when it takes forever (20 to 30 min.) before I can disarm. Please let me know what you think. Thanks
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've just noticed a similar issue but here's what I think is happening - when I open the Arlo app standing outside, the phone is initially on 4G LTE. During the time that the App is connecting to display the mode menu, the phone connects to my wifi (automatically). When this happens, the current mode never gets displayed and I cannot manually change the mode. To fix this, I force quit the app and open it again. Now that I'm on wifi throughout the whole process, the current mode is displayed and I can change the mode

RickFritz
Aspirant
Aspirant

First let me thank those of you that have been offering suggestions concerning my difficulty disarming my ArloQ when returning home from an outing. This morning I left my house with my iPhone turned on but with the cellular data and location services turned off. Also, Arlo was left in the "Disarmed" mode. When I arrived at Panera Bread I had no difficulty both arming and disarming Arlo. Then before leaving Panera, I armed Arlo again so I could see if it would allow me to disarm it when I got home with my iPhone. When I got home I checked at the front door to make sure my phone had connected to my wifi. I connected to the Arlo App but got the message "getting status" for the device and "getting information" for mode. After about fifteen to twenty minutes, a connection was made and I could finally select "disarmed". I continued to experiment, and I discovered that if I completely turn off my iPhone upon arriving home and then turn it back on, I could readily disarm Arlo! Apparently, there is some sort of connectivity problem between my phone and my AT&T router. Again, thanks for the help.