Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blue status light won't stay off

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AnimalHouse
Guide
Guide

Hello, I received 2 Arlo Q's today and they're up and running great.  Only problem is, I keep turning off the blue status light, but within 10-30 seconds it turns back on.  This is happening with both cameras in all modes.  How do I get that blue light to STAY off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnimalHouse
Guide
Guide

Ok guys, I've been back and forth with Arlo support all week with no resolution, but actually I figured it out myself late last night.

After I first activated the cameras, I linked them with my SmartThings account.  Last night I was messing with the settings and routines in SmartThings, and I realized there is another toggle switch in that app for the status light.  Once I turned that off in the SmartThings app, I was able to successfully turn it off in the Arlo app - and now it's staying off.

Unfortunately, I'm now getting the opposite effect - when I turn ON the status light in the Arlo app, it only stays on for a minute or two then turns itself off.  But that doesn't bother me as I'd rather have it off anyway.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In settings usu it's just a toggle off....

Are you sure it's not the blue-purple that means the camera is at max range?  ( this can't be turned off ).

To see, unplug and move one of the cameras closer to you wifi source and see if it goes out

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AnimalHouse
Guide
Guide

Yeah I'm sure.  The LED guide that came with my cameras says if it's too far from the router, it blinks purple.  But I'm definitely getting a bright, solid blue.  Also one of the cameras is about 12' from the router with a direct line of sight, and it's happening with that one too.  I've been toggling the light off in "settings" repeatedly for the past few hours, but it just keeps turning back on.  Thanks for your suggestion though, I really appreciate the response!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only other option would be a reset to see if it fixes the issue,  Hold in the reset for about ten sec and the led flashes amber...you will have to resync after.

Also, check your FW... it should be 1.8.3.1-11965

AnimalHouse
Guide
Guide

Ok.  I tried doing the reset on both cameras, that didn't help the problem, so I then removed and reinstalled them.  Still having the same issue.

Device info says firmware is 1.8.3.0-9926 but it says there are no updates available.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, got nothing else to offer except contact Netgear support

( they may update tonight now that you reset them ( hopefully ))

AnimalHouse
Guide
Guide

Ok thanks for your help, much appreciated!

AnimalHouse
Guide
Guide

Ok guys, I've been back and forth with Arlo support all week with no resolution, but actually I figured it out myself late last night.

After I first activated the cameras, I linked them with my SmartThings account.  Last night I was messing with the settings and routines in SmartThings, and I realized there is another toggle switch in that app for the status light.  Once I turned that off in the SmartThings app, I was able to successfully turn it off in the Arlo app - and now it's staying off.

Unfortunately, I'm now getting the opposite effect - when I turn ON the status light in the Arlo app, it only stays on for a minute or two then turns itself off.  But that doesn't bother me as I'd rather have it off anyway.