Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
islandboylp
Star
Star

I just purchased the Arlo Q camera to add to my already existing Arlo Pro & Pro base station setup.  I was hoping that the Q could trigger the Pro's on motion or audio detection & vice versa (Pro trigger the Q).  So far it appears that the Pro and Q are segregated and this cannot be accomplished.  Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's actually more than that.  Any cameras connected to a different base as well as the Q cameras are treated as separate systems and can't currently be set to work together.  That can be a blessing or a curse.  Check the status of various ideas on the left side of the Idea Exchange section here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's actually more than that.  Any cameras connected to a different base as well as the Q cameras are treated as separate systems and can't currently be set to work together.  That can be a blessing or a curse.  Check the status of various ideas on the left side of the Idea Exchange section here.

islandboylp
Star
Star
Thank you @jguerdat! I was hoping they could be interconnected since they are on the same LAN, but I'll have to look for some work arounds.
Tom06
Apprentice
Apprentice
I use the service IFTTT to get Q and Pro to work together