Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can an ARLO Q be paired to an ARLO base station?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloPod62
Initiate
Initiate

I currently have a mixed system -- one ARLO Q and one ARLO Pro. The ARLO Q is about 15 feet from my wireless router but the ARLO Q consistently warns of a low signal. Can I pair the ARLO Q to the base station that came with the ARLO Pro? I think this would be a "cleaner" configuration (maybe it's my OCD) and perhaps it would resolve the low signal strength issue since the base station allows the ARLO Pro up to 300 feet away. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't think you can. The Arlo Q is wifi based. Perhaps try a different channel on your router

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correcct - the Q has no connection to the base.  Positioning can help, perhaps by just a few inches.  Does the camera work properly?  If so, maybe just put a small piece of tape over the purple LED so it's not visible and use the camera normally - others have done just that.  If the picture is lower quality and/or pixelated, you have no choice but to move it or the router for a better signal.

BTW, a WiFi extender would likely help to fill in the weak spot in your WiFi coverage.